Also called as nose-bleeding, Epistaxis is a common health issue found in large numbers of people. It may be stopped and prevented in following ways.
- Application of ice pack slows down and ultimately stops bleeding.
- Use some nasal spray to stop bleeding.
- To prevent nose-bleeding drink plenty of water.
- Avoid using AC for prolonged time-periods.
- Try to maintain normal humidity level indoors during winters by using humidifiers.
- Application of saline nasal spray, petroleum jelly or spritz helps in keeping nostrils lubricated and hence nose bleeding is prevented automatically.
- Intake of Vitamin C in any form also prevents frequent attacks of nose bleeding.
Following these simple remedies, nose bleeding or Epistaxis may be treated and prevented.