Painful and discomforting in nature, piles and fistula may be caused due to following reasons.
- Chronic constipation
- Exertion of pressure at anus while passing stools
- Genetic reasons
- Sitting in same position for prolonged time periods
- Pregnancy in women
- Recurrent diarrhea
- Lifting of heavy objects
- Surgery of the gall bladder
- Head trauma
- STDs such as HIV, AIDS, Syphilis and Chlamydia
- Severe stage-3 hidradenitis suppurativa in a person
- Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease
- Use of radiation therapy for treatment of certain diseases
Since all these are triggering factors for piles and fistula therefore these must be avoided.