Characterized by numbness in the lower limbs due to compression of the sciatic nerve or certain injuries to it, sciatica is a nervine disorder. It may also be associated with abnormal growths in the body or in the nervous system. Chief characteristics of sciatica are as given below.
- Constant feeling of unbearable pain in the lower back
- Shooting pain on one side of the leg
- Numbness or tingling sensation in the legs
- Aggravation of the pain in back and legs while sitting, standing or during movement
- Weakness in the affected leg
Anyone experiencing these symptoms needs to get the same diagnosed from health care experts and get apt treatment.