Falling in the category of STDs i.e. sexually transmitted diseases, syphilis is an infectious disease that is chiefly transmitted from one person to the other via sexual contact. Some of the possible risk factors of this disease are as given below.
- Involvement in unprotected sex
- Involvement in sex with multiple partners
- Performance of sex with people of same sex
- Infection with HIV or AIDS
- Low body immunity
- Bacterial attack on the body
- Coming into contact with fluids of other infected people
If you wish to remain free of syphilis, it is advised to avoid all the risk factors.